Lara Croft – still gaming’s leading lady

We never doubted that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition would enter the UK top ten, but the fact it has taken the top spot has surprised us slightly. It is a relatively simple conversion of a year old game, after all.

69 per cent of sales were on PlayStation 4, with the remaining 31 per cent on Xbox One.

Chart-Track tells us that there were 500 copies between Tomb Raider and FIFA 14, which drops down to #2 this week.

The rest of the top ten is filled with the usual culprits, including Call of Duty: Ghosts at #3, Battlefield 4 at #4 and LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes rounding off the top five.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z managed to scrape into the top ten last week at #10, but now sits at #20.

Somewhat predictably, content heavy re-release Naruto Shippuden: Storm Three – Full Blast didn’t make the top 40. It has entered the PlayStation 3 chart at #14 and is #16 in the Xbox 360 chart though, which is mildly respectable.

We’re relying on Fable: Anniversary Edition for next week’s chart excitement. Will Microsoft’s remake be as lucky as Lara?

Matt Gander

Matt is Games Asylum's most prolific writer, having produced a non-stop stream of articles since 2001. A retro collector and bargain hunter, his knowledge has been found in the pages of tree-based publication Retro Gamer.

Post navigation