Next week is shaping up to be a monumental one for retro fans. Not only are two 8-bit Namco collections due, but also two Darius shoot â€˜em collections. Previously available only physically, and with limited availability, the duo launch 16th June on both PSN and the Switch eShop.
Conversion experts M2 handled both collections, which is always a sure sign of attentiveness.
Darius Cozmic Collection Console includes 6 titles (9 versions), priced Â£44.99.
- Darius II (Mega Drive, JP version)
- SAGAIA (Genesis, US version)
- SAGAIA (Master System, EU version)
- Darius Twin (Super Famicom, JP version)
- Darius Twin (Super NES, US version)
- Darius Force (Super Famicom, JP version)
- Super Nova (Super NES, US version)
- Darius Alpha (PC Engine, JP version)
- Darius Plus (PC Engine, JP version)
Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade includes 4 titles (7 versions), at a slightly cheaper Â£34.99.
- Darius (Arcade, original version)
- Darius (Arcade, new version)
- Darius (Arcade, extra version)
- Darius II (Arcade, Dual Screen version)
- SAGAIA (Arcade, ver.1)
- SAGAIA (Arcade, ver.2)
- Darius Gaiden (Arcade)
Darius first dazzled arcade goers in 1986, luring gamers with its dedicated dual-display cabinet. The series is best known for its branching paths, heavy-hitting soundtrack, and bosses resembling robotic marine life. Rest assured there’s nothing fishy about these collections – the Japanese version(s) garnered glowing reviews.