Max Payne shoots up the chart

We weren’t sure if it was going to be Max Payne 3 or Diablo 3 that would be taking the top position of this week’s chart. Diablo 3 is the first big PC release in a very long time while Max Payne 3 has the advantage of being multi-format.

Turns out it’s Rockstar’s purveyor of pain who has bagged #1, but only by around 8,000 copies. Chart-Track tells us that it has outsold Max Payne 2 by 10-to-1 and that 58% of the copies sold were on Xbox 360 with the remaining 42% on PlayStation 3.

Diablo 3 has to make do with second place. We’re curious as to where it’ll be next week – big name PC games tend to rocket up the chart then vanish after just one or two weeks.

At #3 it’s FIFA Street, followed by former #1 Sniper Elite V2 which has dropped to #4.

There are a couple of re-entries elsewhere in the top 40. Catherine has made a welcome return at #17, presumably because Zavvi cut the price to an incredibly tempting £14.95 last week. Sadly for those who missed the deal it’s back up to £24.95 now.

Then at #24 Call of Duty: Black Ops is back. Unless you’ve been living under a tank the reason should be more than obvious.

Leave a Comment