A party game staring Keith Chegwin: itâ€™s the sort of thing youâ€™d expect to find on a spoof website, alongside Nintentramps, Gary Bushellâ€™s World Championship Goat Milking and Extreme Mobility Scooter Racing.
But no: Cheggersâ€™ Party Quiz is actually happening, and we have Oxygen Interactive to â€˜thankâ€™. Last week they also announced a sports quiz starring Alan Hansen, who has something to do with football.
There are no solid details other than the release date – November – and formats – Wii, PlayStation 2 and PC. So here are some facts about the man himself:
- Keith ‘Cheggers’ Chegwin was born on 17th January 1957 in Newbury.
- Chegwin has starred in over 7,000 TV shows including The Big Breakfast, GMTV, Multi-Coloured Swapshop, Cheggers Plays Pop and Saturday Superstore.
- In the 1970s he had a brief career as a singer releasing singles on the Pye Records label.
- He and Swap Shop co-presenters Maggie Philbin and Noel Edmonds released a pop single – I Wanna Be A Winner – in 1981. It went in at #15.
- Chegwin’s career waned in the 1980s and 1990s, alongside tabloid allegations of alcoholism.
- Out of a fight between Chegwin and Chris Evans, Evans would probably win.
- Chegwin once caused controversy by presenting a gameshow entitled Naked Jungle in which all the contestants (and Chegwin himself) appeared entirely naked. According to the Daily Mail, the show “plumbed new depths [of indecency on television]”.
- Cheggersâ€™ Party Quiz is bound to be fucking awful.