Oct 22
By Matt Gander In UK Charts No Comments

This week’s UK top 40 sees four new arrivals. Or five if you count the Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered – technically, it’s a re-entry.

None of the newcomers could disrupt the top of the chart though, with Call of Duty: Black Ops III taking the top spot for a second week. The online-focused shooter is followed by fellow non-movers FIFA 19 at #2 and AC Odyssey at #3, while Marvel’s Spider-Man moves one place to take #4. Forza Horizon 4 also stays put for a second week, remaining at #5.

At #6 it’s the first of the new arrivals – LEGO DC Super-Villains. The ever inciteful GI.biz reports launch sales were lower than this year’s summer LEGO tie-in – LEGO The Incredibles. We doubt Warner Bros. are too concerned though as it’s bound to be a steady seller.

SoulCalibur VI was the second highest charting new release, making #8. Peculiarly, a whopping 80% of sales were on PS4, with the remaining 20% on Xbox One.

Which brings us onto Starlink: Battle for Atlas rather nicely. Ubisoft’s toys-to-life title debuted at #14. As some may have predicted, sales of the Switch version – which features Fox McCloud – were way ahead of the pack. Sales were split a resounding 82% on Switch, 10% on PS4 and just 8% on Xbox One. It may have performed better digitally on PSN/Xbox One – not everybody wants a room full of plastic spaceships, after all.

Dark Souls Remastered on Switch charted slightly higher than the multi-format Starlink, making #12. It also took #2 in the Switch top 20; Super Mario Party remained at #1.

Sticking with Nintendo, the perfectly timed Luigi’s Mansion on 3DS was the final top 40 new arrival, making a mildly respectable #23. It seemingly had no trouble taking no.1 in the 3DS chart.

Check back next Monday to see how well Red Dead Redemption 2 has performed. With slow sales of FIFA, Assassin’s Creed and even Call of Duty, it’s hoped it’ll set tills ringing on the high street.



Published Monday 22nd October 2018 by Games Asylum


About the Author
Matt Gander

Matt Gander

Matt is Games Asylum's most prolific writer, having produced a non-stop stream of articles for the site since 2001. A retro collector and bargain hunter, his knowledge has been found in the pages of tree-based publication Retro Gamer.

© 2001-2017 Games Asylum